Pages

Russian folk song. KOROBUSHKA ("Korobeiniki")

"Korobushka"
 "Korobeiniki" (Russian: Коробейники, English translation: Peddlers) is a nineteenth-century Russian folk song that tells of an incident between a peddler and a girl "haggling" over a price, with the details only being said in metaphor. There are several variants of the song .
The Golden Ring - Nadezhda  Kadysheva\

 The folk group "Russian Cossack" play Russian folk songs "Korobushka" and "Kamarinskaya"
 on GARMOSHKA.



Oh, my crate is so full, 
I've got chintz and brocade. 
Take pity, oh sweety, 
Of this lad's shoulder I will, 
I will go out into the tall rye,
 I will wait there till the night comes, 
Once I see the dark-eyed lass, 
I will showcase all my goods.
 I paid no small price myself, 
So don't bargain or be stingy,
 Bring your scarlet lips to me,
 Sit closer to this fine lad. 
The foggy night has already come, 
The daring lad is awaiting, 
Hark, it's her! 
The desired one has come


The song "Korobeiniki" is based on a poem with the same name by Nikolay Nekrasov, written and printed in the Sovremennik magazine in 1861. Due to its increasing tempo and the dance style associated with it, it quickly became a popular Russian folk song.


No comments: