Pages

"Dark Eyes" (Ochi Chernye) - Dmitri Hvorostovsky

Dark Eyes (Russian: Очи чёрные, Ochi chyornye  is a Russian song.
The lyrics of the song were written by a Ukrainian poet and writer Yevhen Hrebinka. The first publication of the poem was in Literaturnaya gazeta on 17 January 1843.
The words were subsequently set to Florian Hermann's Valse Hommage (in an arrangement by S. Gerdel') and published as a romance on 7 March 1884.
Although often characterised as a Russian gypsy song, the words and music were written respectively by a Ukrainian and a German. Feodor Chaliapin popularised the song abroad in a version amended by himself.

Ochi chernye lyrics
Dark eyes, passionate eyes

Burning and splendid eyes
How I love you, how I fear you
Verily, I espied you in an ill-starred moment
Oh, not for nothing are you darker than the deep!
I see mourning for my soul in you,
I see a triumphant flame in you:
A poor heart immolated in it.
But I am not sad, I am not sorrowful,
My fate is soothing to me:
All that is best in life, God gave us.
In sacrifice I returned to the fiery eyes

Dmitri Hvorostovsky is Russian opera singer.



Lyrics in Rusian

Номе
Blog Map

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt enjoy your writing type, very remarkable,
don't give up and keep writing considering it simply just well worth to look through it,
impatient to looked over way more of your own writing, thanks ;)

Anonymous said...

i honestly enjoy your posting choice, very unique,
don't quit and also keep creating due to the fact that it simply just very well worth to read it,
impatient to view much of your own content, enjoy your day :)

Mila said...

Thank you for your kind words. I created this blog because I really miss on Russian music. I am very pleased that you like my choice. Excuse me for my possible mistakes in a text.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Mila said...

I'm glad if I helped you